Saturday 27 March 2010

Cha-La, Head Cha-La & Japanese Glory!


Take that, Tazo from the distant Barcelona past! How dare you intrude in my future?!

Yes! How can you deny it? Cha-La, Head Cha-La! Fly away! To think, the Japanese considered this their most precious treasure for many a year? Well, I see the appeal. God bless Dragonball Z. I spent my second year at University avoiding lectures and watching endless episodes of this classic anime, being endlessly frustrated/overjoyed by the every-second-episode-is-poorly-drawn nature of its glory. Here's some incidental and ending music!

Hironobu Kageyama - Cha-La Head-Cha-La

Hironobu Kageyama - Battle with an Ultra Saiyan

Moving on to...Cowboy Beebop! I just love how this song builds and builds, although I do feel I need several Long Island Iced Teas to properly solve this clearly, clearly mysterious murder... I also love the japanese rapping at the end of it. He sounds very sincere.

The Seatbelts - Time to know (Be waltz).mp3

I don't know how I ended up this particular piece of brilliance, but I did, so there. Take it please.

The Budos Band - Ride or Die

Right, Funk! Average White Band, Pick Up The Pieces, makes kit's toes hop. Hop til they fall off. Clean it up, Kit, clean it up!

Average White Band - Pick Up The Pieces

Ah, Maceo Parker. Pass the Peas? You What? Ok. He sounds quite violent. Here's Kit: "PASS ME THOSE PEAS! ok now the violent is out of the way. You cannot argue with the fantastic musicianship in this track. It just feels like jam session and that is the beauty. Everyone know their craft so well it just blends together perfectly." Everyone's funking, they don't know how. Fact. Just make their funk the pea funk, please? Oh, and here's some more that're just as great, but I'm too (drunk) tired to write about.

Maceo Parker - Pass the Peas

Maceo Parker - Quick Step

Maceo Parker - Chicken

Here's a track from the 1973 album Too Hot To Stop by the Bar Kays, as heard on the Superbad soundtrack, and more recently edited into about 63 different advertisements. Ruddy good though.

The Bar-Kays - Too Hot To Stop

And to finish, a wonder from the Modern Lovers. I became a little obsessed with the song a few years back, and wrote a song around it. As Rick will attest, it went rather well! This is The Sweeping Wind (Kwa Ti Feng).

The Modern Lovers - The Sweeping Wind (Kwa Ti Feng)



No comments:

Post a Comment